Saturday, January 30, 2010

I've Lost Respect For Eidur Gudjohnsen - West Ham United's Gianfranco Zola

West Ham United manager Gianfranco Zola has stated he has lost respect for Eidur Gudjohnsen, after the forward snubbed his club at the last moment to join Tottenham Hotspur.

The 31-year-old, who is contracted to Monaco, underwent a medical at Upton Park recently after talks with Zola, although opted to join Harry Redknapp’s Spurs on loan after they swooped in to secure a deal.

The italian could not hide his disappointment and disgust towards the former Chelsea and Barcelona striker's decision, detailing that he felt let down by the conduct of him and Tottenham.
Zola told a press conference: “I am disappointed with Spurs [Tottenham Hotspur] and disappointed with [Eidur] Gudjohnsen. I was expecting good behaviour from him.

“They keep telling me that football has got like this right now and I keep saying that when I’m dealing with people, I always expect for the people that I have got in front [of] me to behave in a certain way - with respect.”

Zola added though that there was no time to dwell on the matter, but to look ahead to the rest of the season.

“Okay, that wasn't the case here. But we move on. We have a lot of things to achieve here this season and we can still achieve them anyway,” he added.

The Premier League strugglers have made acquiring a striker before the January transfer window ends a priority.

Source:goal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment